In the world of painting, using the right type of paint is crucial. Personally, I feel Acrylic paint is the best way to go rather than Enamel. There are multiple advantages Acrylic paint has over Enamel paint.
Pros of Acrylic Paint:
· Environmental friendly (water based)
· Easy clean up
· Fast drying (15 min – 1 hr)
· Almost Odorless
· Does not turn yellow over time like oil based paint
· Long lasting
Cons of Enamel Paint:
· Turns yellow over time
· Lots of chemicals- bad for environment
· Cure time up to 1 week
· Smells very bad
· Very messy-hard to clean up
· Cracks over time
· Supplies can be very expensive for personal protection due to the toxins in the paint, such as- Paint respirator mask and filters
TIP: The Advance Paint by Benjamin Moore is good for any wood work project. It offers the application and performance of traditional oil paint in a waterborne formula that cleans up with soap and water. It is a 100% alkyd formula water-dispersible alkyd developed with proprietary new resins that keep VOC low even after tinting. It flows and levels like a traditional alkyd with the extended open-time required to achieve high-end finishes. ADVANCE is available in unlimited colors, giving you more ways than ever to achieve the perfect look on every job. Source of information for this paragraph info link: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/paint-products/advance-waterborne-interior-alkyd-paint.
“THE BASICS OF PAINT” Sweet and short video with the basics of paint information you would find useful for your paint projects.
Article Contributor: Jose Saldana